Last Updated: October 30, 2015
Collection of Information
Information You Provide To Us
We collect information you provide to us. For example, we collect information when you use our website, create an online account, sign up to receive our emails, shop in our stores, call us on the phone, participate in a contest, promotion or survey, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, apply for a job, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, your email address, your zip code, your billing address, shipping addresses, your phone number, your payment information, product preferences, demographic information, and any other information you choose to provide.
We may also collect information you provide about other people, such as when you make a purchase on behalf of someone else. In these cases, we may collect information such as their name, address, phone number, email address, or other information you provide. We will not send marketing communications to those people unless they separately opt in to receive communications from us.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about you when use our website. This information includes:
Log Information: We collect information about your use of our website. This information includes: the type of device and browser you use, the time at which you accessed the website, the pages you viewed, your IP address, and the referring link from which you arrived at our website.
Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as the product details, product price, the date and time of the transaction, and location of the purchase or return.
Information We Collect From Our Partners and Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we collect information from the U.S. Postal Service's Change of Address database to verify and correct mailing addresses.
Use of Information About You
We may use information about you for various purposes, including:
- Improving your in-store and online shopping experience;
- Providing customer service;
- Responding to your questions, requests, and comments;
- Fulfilling your request for products and services, processing transactions, and sending you order confirmations and receipts;
- Tracking and analyzing usage trends and activities;
- Communicating with you about offers, products, services, promotions, and events, and providing news and information that we think will be of interest to you;
- Managing your online account(s) and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages;
- Combining with information we get from others to help us understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carrying out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Hydrapak is based in California in the United States of America and the information we collect is governed by California law and by U.S. law. By accessing or using our website or providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you as follows:
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out their work on our behalf;
- With our business partners and other third parties for marketing purposes, unless you opt out of this type of sharing by contacting us.
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of us or any third party;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Advertising & Analytics Services
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on other websites or platforms.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. We do not sell products for online purchase by children and any children's products we sell are for purchase by adults only.
Online Account Information
You may update, correct or delete your online account information at any time by logging into your account and navigating to the "My Account" page or by contacting us. You may also contact us if you wish to deactivate your online account, but please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by doing the following:
- To opt out of direct mail (such as catalogs and post cards): Please contact us and we will remove you from our mailing list.
- To opt out of promotional emails: Follow the instructions provided in those communications or contact us.
Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies. In addition, many web browsers support Do Not Track technology. If you enable Do Not Track, we will stop collecting information that allows us to tailor your online experience. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our website.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. Hydrapak permits California residents to opt out of having their information shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. To opt out, please contact us.
6605 San Leandro St
Oakland, CA 94621