- Shape-Shift™ baffle locks for a slim profile and increased stabilization; unlocks for full volume and reverses for easy cleaning
- Slide-Seal™ top opens wide for easy filling and closes tight for a leakproof seal
- High-flow Blaster™ bite valve self seals after each sip and features a twist on/off bar to prevent leaks when not in use
- Plug-N-Play™ connect system lets you easily disconnect the drink tube (an auto shutoff valve prevents leaking) and remove the reservoir from your pack for convenient refilling
- Fully reversible for easy cleaning and drying, top-shelf dishwasher safe
- Made of ultra-durable, abrasion resistant TPU & RF welded seams for superior durability and elasticity
- Can be frozen or filled with hot water (max temp 60° C / 140° F
- Safe and reliable, 100% BPA & PVC free
2 L / 70 fl oz unlocked
1.5 L / 50 fl oz locked
135 g / 4.7 oz
330 mm / 13 in x 165 mm / 6.5 in
Thermoplastic Polyurethane; HDPE; Silicone
Frequently Asked Questions
What's included in the box?
Each reservoir kit includes:
- Slide-Seal™ Top with Tether
- 36" HydraFlex™ Tube
- Blaster™ Bite Valve
- Plug-N-Play™ Connect System
- Removable Pack Clip
- Silicone Lubrication
- Basic Care & Use Intructions
How do I clean my reservoir?
The Shape-Shift features a removable baffle which locks for a slim profile and increased stabilization and unlocks for full volume. When unlocked it reverses for easy cleaning - throw it in the top-shelf of your dishwasher or rinse with mild soap and water. Make sure to let the reservoir dry out completely while reversed.
How do I clean my tube and bite valve?
While throwing your tube set in the freezer is a great way to prevent anything funky from happening, if you are hydrating with anything other than water you will want to keep it clean. All of our components are removable for easy cleaning: 1. Disconnect the drink tube from the reservoir 2. Grasp the bite valve in one hand and tube in the other then pull the valve firmly to remove the bite valve from the tube 3. Gently remove the silicone sheath from the valve and clean with Bottle Bright or mild soap and water 4. Clean the inside of the tube by inserting the Hydrapak Tube Brush in the open end of the tube and scrub 5. After drying the components, carefully reattach the sheath to the valve and re-install
How do I attach the leash to the Slide-Seal top?
There is a small hook on the Slide-Seal™ top, and you can attach the tether to that point. When you want to unattach the leash, pull the tether's loop to unattach.
Game ChangerAs avid backpackers/hikers, my partner and I have tried various water systems and were OK with what we were using previously until we tried this HydraPak. The Shape-Shift is a Game Changer. A few things that we liked:
1. The ease of filling up. It is so quick and easy! The top of the reservoir opens up completely. The convenience of filling up this reservoir is wonderful - really beats what we were using before which had an opening the size of a plastic bottle opening (always a chore to fill). Although we have not taken this backpacking yet, I can imagine if we ever need to filter water, this reservoir will make it a breeze.
2. The fact that you can expand (unlock) or collapse (lock) the reservoir for either 2L or 1.5L. This is a great feature because sometimes you don't need to carry as much water, and locking the reservior flattens the bag and prevents excessive splashing.
3. Cleaning. You can literally flip this reservior inside out. This makes cleaning so simple! You can wash and DRY (instead of letting it air dry) and then flip it back to the original side - completely cleaned. This feature ensures the reservior can be properly cleaned and prevents mildew.
Right now, we only have one in our family but we are definitely planning on getting a second one. It also fits all our backpacks and day packs (Osprey, OR, Deuter) really well. 100% recommended!