The Position: Accounting Specialist
Date Posted: September 9th 2021
At HydraPak, we value being active in the outdoors and our products keep athletes healthy and hydrated so that they can be in the moment when they are out doing their thing. We serve these athletes by continuously innovating hydration solutions for performance-oriented activities. The company serves athletes directly and also as a trusted partner of major brands in the active Outdoor Recreation industry, incorporating our hands-free hydration reservoirs and soft flasks into hydration backpacks and running vests. Hydrapak, Polar Bottle, and Bottle Bright branded hydration products are available at specialty sport stores worldwide.
Based in Oakland, California and Longmont, Colorado, we are a group of highly-motivated enthusiasts who are lucky enough to be able to combine work with our shared passion for outdoor recreation and product applications. If you are looking for an environment where you can make a difference and thrive in a casual, team-oriented atmosphere, HydraPak may be the right fit for you.
The Accounting Specialist is focused on full-cycle accounting and will work closely with and reports to the Accounting Manager for domestic business. This role is responsible for AR/AP, including daily invoicing, sending collection statements, recording deposits, working with the sales and customer service team to ensure accuracy, and enter vendor invoices.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Review daily shipments and process invoices.
- Manage accounting department email inbox.
- Contact customers who have outstanding account balances to ensure that these balances are paid in a timely manner.
- Establish positive working relationships with customers and vendors.
- Maintain an orderly digital filing system.
- Check that information on customer accounts is complete and up-to-date.
- Work with customer service and fulfillment to accurately record and handle day-to-day issues (short-ships, backorder, returns, etc.)
- Assists with mid-month, month-end, and year-end close process.
- Review and enter vendor invoices.
- Audit and process credit card bills.
- Participate in special process improvement projects.
- Other ad hoc duties and general administrative support as required.
Education and Experience
- Prior AR/AP, bookkeeping, and/or finance role with at least 3 years experience desired.
- Knowledge and understating of GAAP accounting principles.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail is critical.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently prioritize workload to meet strict deadlines.
- Accounting software knowledge (Acumatica desired.)
- Strong computer skills are a must with MS Office and Google Business Suite—should not have any problem jumping between Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets and understanding why one would be used over the other.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time, 40 hour-a-week job. The typical work shift is 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday. Pay range for this position is $20-$25 per hour. HydraPak offers generous Paid Time Off, a full range of insurance benefits after a 90-day waiting period, and a 401(k) plan with company match after the first year.
Application and Starting Date
Please submit your resume to HR@hydrapak.com. Start date is as soon as possible.