Digital Marketing Specialist - Oakland, CA or Longmont, CO
Posted: March 8, 2021
Pushing boundaries to redefine the future of hydration, HydraPak creates innovative equipment that stand up to the harshest environments. Easy-to-use and highly functional, every HydraPak product showcases the technical manufacturing expertise that has distinguished the company for nearly two decades. By offering a better way to hydrate, and continually seeking to refine its offerings, HydraPak has pioneered new product categories and become a trusted hydration partner for athletes worldwide.
Based in Oakland, CA, and Longmont, CO, we are a team of highly motivated enthusiasts who are lucky enough to be able to combine work with our shared passion for outdoor activities and product innovations. HydraPak also operates as Bottle Bright®, the natural and effective cleaning tablet, and Polar Bottle®, the original insulated sports water bottle for bike and recreation.
This position will be dedicated to leading and executing the ecommerce and digital marketing strategies for HydraPak.com, PolarBottle.com, and BottleBright.com.
If you are looking to make a difference and value a casual, team-oriented atmosphere, have a down-to-earth disciplined approach, and possess a drive to innovate, this may be the right fit for you.
You’re a hands-on digital marketing professional who is ready to take the lead with several in-house brands. Self-motivated, creative and a great communicator who is passionate about the outdoors and driving consumer engagement. You're fluent in social media, web content management, email and search marketing, and a talented writer. You know that marketing is a mix of strategy and tactics; mindful of both brand image and the need to drive sales. You are highly organized with an attention to detail, working well unsupervised and able to keep up with the demands of daily responsibilities and long-term growth initiatives.
- Responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive digital marketing plan and budget to support the company’s brand image, product, and key messaging
- Develop and implement digital marketing editorial calendar (social, email, web) to increase engagement and support brand's overall strategic marketing plan and sales goals
- Assist in maintaining the brand’s website and drive all ecommerce initiatives
- Own the technical implementation of landing pages, blog, home page, feature pages, and shop pages in CMS with appropriate tracking and tagging
- Guide and provide the design and development of all required content; work alongside Creative team to develop in-house content in the form of videos, photography, blog articles, social campaigns, etc.
- Define product seeding and influencer strategy – monitor and leverage deliverables to support marketing plan, handle all tracking of product orders/samples tracking (as required)
- Track and provide metrics for all brand social media channels, website and email campaigns; provide monthly analytics and implement necessary changes for optimization
- Integrate with outside vendors and in-house design team to support digital marketing execution
- Monitor and work with CS to respond to consumer activity on forums and social pages/groups
- Accurately manage marketing budget pertaining to department responsibilities
- Standard workday Monday – Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM in the Oakland, CA or Longmont, CO office
- Travel possible within US and to Europe, Asia for trade shows
- Additional time occasionally required outside normal hours for special projects, travel or events
- 2+ years growth marketing experience with a consumer product brand, experience within the active Outdoor industry a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of/experience with:
- Social media platforms
- Digital advertising platforms
- Email marketing and best practices
- Search and display marketing strategies and best practices
- Managing omnichannel campaigns
- Knowledge of key digital marketing tools: Shopify, Klaviyo, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Social media management, Ship Station, Monday.com etc.
- Strong copywriting skills; proven experience in writing and/or directing effective content for web/social, ads, and/or collateral
- Experience with ecommerce merchandising, planning, coordination and execution
- Excellent organizational, budget, and project management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suites, and use of Drop Box
- Ability to work autonomously, practice good judgment, effective decision making and time management skills
- Ability to work in, and make a positive contribution to a team environment
Offer to be determined based upon individual’s experience and qualifications. Budgeted at base of $65,000 - $70,000 plus annual bonus of up to 10%. Benefits include health insurance co-pay and 401(k) with employer match. Plus, industry gear discounts and professional development opportunities through OIA, Camber Outdoors, seminars, or other activities.
Please email resume and cover letter as attachments, clearly indicating relevant experience and skill sets to Matt Lyon at firstname.lastname@example.org.