Director of Marketing and eCommerce - Oakland, CA or Longmont, CO
Posted: March 8, 2021
Pushing boundaries to redefine the future of hydration, HydraPak creates innovative equipment that stand up to the harshest environments. Easy-to-use and highly functional, every HydraPak product showcases the technical manufacturing expertise that has distinguished the company for nearly two decades. By offering a better way to hydrate, and continually seeking to refine its offerings, HydraPak has pioneered new product categories and become a trusted hydration partner for athletes worldwide.
Based in Oakland, CA, and Longmont, CO, we are a team of highly motivated enthusiasts who are lucky enough to be able to combine work with our shared passion for outdoor activities and product innovations. HydraPak also operates as Bottle Bright®, the natural and effective cleaning tablet, and Polar Bottle®, the original insulated sports water bottle for bike and recreation.
Reporting to the President/CEO and part of the Leadership Team, the Marketing and eCommerce Director will be responsible for developing and implementing new marketing strategies, driving revenue, and leading an omnichannel, “digital first” strategic vision for the company.
This role will create and build performance marketing programs that grow brand awareness, drive traffic (new and existing), conversion, engagement, and profitability to meet and exceed our company goals. This candidate must be hands-on and be able to balance daily execution needs, while also mapping out the strategy to drive long-term sustainable growth.
This role is ideal for a highly motivated, creative storyteller and strategic thinker who is experienced in driving teams toward efficient full funnel and omni-channel growth.
You’re a well-rounded digital-first marketing manager with experience overseeing teams and budgets. You are looking to take on an Omni-channel role that encompasses control of eCommerce, consumer branding and trade marketing. You’re realistic about a small company’s need for player/coach executives and are excited to roll your sleeves up and take these brands to the next level.
A passion for the outdoors and knowledge about our products/category are also a must. If you are looking to make an impact at an organizational level, but can work in a team-oriented environment with a down-to-earth and disciplined approach, this may be the right fit for you.
- Responsible for developing and executing the comprehensive worldwide omni-channel marketing strategy in support of the HydraPak, Bottle Bright, and Polar Bottle brands.
- Own all aspects of global, consumer-facing DTC, Marketplace (Amazon), and performance marketing strategy (SEO, SEM, PPC). Responsible for setting financial objectives, scaling a paid media budget, and aligning channel efforts (Amazon, Social, DTC) to ensure clear KPIs. Leads new, out-of-the-box thinking that results in breakthrough ideas to leap the brand forward.
- Lead all aspects of internal Marketing team and external Agency relationships, overseeing editorial calendar, creative direction, eCommerce ecosystem (storefront, payment processing, fraud management, hosting, ADA compliance, and more), public relations, paid media, search marketing, content marketing, and social media management. Support international business units by providing expertise around scalable marketing technology solutions.
- Actively engage with Product and Sales team to align marketing, product positioning, and merchandising strategies that enhance brand presentation and strengthen brand authority with consumers.
- Define, champion, and deliver brand marketing strategies throughout the omni-channel experience to create consistent and relevant brand and product messaging across all consumer touch points online and offline.
- Align the company around customer centricity. Utilize data insights and analytics to deliver personalized customer experiences and measurable business results through multi-channel attribution.
- Manage corporate marketing budgets. Serve on the HydraPak Leadership Team deciding overall strategy, vision as well as current and future company planning.
- Standard workday Monday – Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM in the Oakland, CA or Longmont, CO office
- Travel possible within US and to Europe, Asia for shows and projects
- Additional time occasionally required outside normal hours for travel, trade shows, or special projects.
- 8+ years eCommerce marketing experience with a consumer product brand, experience within the active Outdoor industry a plus.
- Expert in eCommerce (DTC & Amazon) and Digital Marketing. Retail brand experience is a plus!
- Well versed in strategic marketing, branding, communications, social, advertising, product marketing, consumer insights, and creative direction.
- Proven track record of scaling a team for growth; excelling in strategy and execution, not just planning.
- Successfully managed annual spend across numerous performance driven marketing channels and understands multi-channel attribution. Plus a Savvy negotiator who finds ways to save money.
- Extensive experience in Shopify, Google Analytics, and other Digital Marketing tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, plus ability to clearly articulate and express complex and sometimes technical ideas to a wide variety of people.
Offer to be determined based upon individual’s experience and qualifications. Package budgeted at $130,000 - $140,000 base plus up to 20% annual bonus. Equity options available for long-term leaders. Benefits include health insurance co-pay and 401(k) with employer match. Plus industry gear discounts! Ongoing professional development is encouraged including opportunities through OIA and Camber Outdoors (formerly OIWC).
Please email resume and cover letter as attachments, clearly indicating relevant experience and skill sets to Matt Lyon at email@example.com.