At HydraPak, we value being active in the outdoors and our products keep athletes healthy and hydrated so that they can be in the moment when they are out doing their thing. We serve these athletes by continuously innovating hydration solutions for performance-oriented activities. The company serves athletes directly and also as a trusted partner of major brands in the active Outdoor Recreation industry, incorporating our hands-free hydration reservoirs and soft flasks into hydration backpacks and running vests. Hydrapak, Polar Bottle and Bottle Bright branded hydration products are available at specialty sport stores worldwide.
With offices in Oakland, California and Longmont, Colorado, we are a group of highly-motivated enthusiasts who are lucky enough to be able to combine work with our shared passion for outdoor recreation and product applications. If you are looking for an environment where you can make a difference and thrive in a casual, team-oriented atmosphere, this may be the right fit for you. Some of our perks include free product testing, access to pro-deals from other Outdoor companies, paid vacation, subsidized health/dental insurance, 401k with employer contribution, and the potential for an annual cash bonus.
The Purchasing Manager will monitor inventory and purchase all materials related to the production our Polar Bottle line up. Our bottles are Made in the USA and you’ll build and maintain relationships with our local and regional supply chain. The position reports to the Operations Director and is a part of the Operations Team.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Build Purchase Orders for all raw materials and parts needed to maintain our in-house production line
- Work with the Production Manager to strictly monitor in-house inventory and place strategic buys to maintain constant production
- Track and maintain accurate records of all inventories stored at outside vendor locations
- Monitor all pricing from vendors and maintain a pricing database that is easily accessible to other team members
- Arrange production (such as printing or assembly) at outside vendors, insuring these steps are completed within tight timelines
- Build communication bridges and solid relationships with all key contacts in our supply chain
- Provide reporting of stock levels and in-production items for Sales Teams and Executive Management
Education and Experience
- At least 2 years prior Purchasing or Sourcing experience in a manufacturing environment (or directly relatable field)
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, sourcing, business, or related field (or strong prior experience in lieu of degree in these fields)
- Experience handling purchasing and inventory via an ERP system (we use Acumatica, but you can also have prior experience with any major ERP system such as SAP, Sage, NetSuite, etc.)
- Strong skills using Excel software
- Excellent written communication as well as the ability to positively interface with people over the phone, video conferencing, and in-person)
- Great with negotiation (ability to decipher when to use the carrot and when to use the stick)
Salary & Benefits
This is a salaried position at 40 hours per week. The general work hours are from 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday. After 90-day probationary period, you are eligible for medical, vision, dental, and vacation benefits. A 401K plan is available after the first year.
Salary is determined based upon experience and aptitude of applicant. The salary range for this position is $50,000 - 60,000 per year. In addition to base salary, current employees all work together to earn a discretionary company-wide cash bonus of 5% at the end of the calendar year.
Application and Starting Date
Please email resume and cover letter addressing Experience and Education requirements above with your name written in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Start date is as soon as possible.
HydraPak LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.