The Position: Speciality Sales & BRB Manager
Posted: October 15th 2021
Pushing boundaries to redefine the future of hydration, HydraPak creates innovative equipment that stand up to the harshest environments. Easy-to-use and highly functional, every HydraPak product showcases the technical manufacturing expertise that has distinguished the company for two decades. By offering a better way to hydrate, and continually seeking to refine its offerings, HydraPak has pioneered new product categories and become a trusted hydration partner for athletes worldwide.
The company serves athletes directly and also as a trusted partner of major brands in the active Outdoor Recreation industry, incorporating our hands-free hydration reservoirs and soft flasks into hydration backpacks and running vests. HydraPak also operates as Bottle Bright®, the natural and effective cleaning tablet, and Polar Bottle®, the original insulated sports water bottle for bike and recreation, and our branded hydration products are available at specialty sport stores worldwide.
Based in Longmont, Colorado, this position will be responsible for the planning and execution of our sales strategies for a portfolio of products including HydraPak, Polar Bottle, and Bottle Bright to our outdoor, camp, and recreation channels. The primary focus is on the independent retailer base, related buying groups, and regional sales organizations in the US and Canada. Although the focus is on the outdoor channel, there are opportunities throughout a variety of specialty and regional outlets. This position will be responsible for managing a small established group of independent sales agencies covering specialty retailer accounts. This person will be the primary sales lead in these channels, and will also be accountable for networking, calling, and growing sales for territories not covered by these groups.
Within 60 days of hire, this individual will be required to complete an annual business plan comprising individual growth metrics for the top regional accounts and aggregate metrics for the specialty business as a whole. They will also create a monthly accountability report to track the performance of the independent sales agencies and ensure they are focused on growing business with the HydraPak brands.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all sales and business development activities related to specialty camp, outdoor, and recreation retailers.
- Responsible for executing company plan and achieving company goals in US camp, outdoor, and recreational channels.
- Sources and targets new customers and sales opportunities, initiates action plan to approach and secure new business for the company.
- Manages and directs agency field sales representatives in the US and Canada to support retailer network as well as develop personal retailer relationships.
- Develops reporting structure and measurable goals for agencies and schedules quarterly planning meetings.
- Manages and develops business in open territories not covered by independent agencies, creates weekly calling, and reporting structure for director of sales.
- Provides forecasts to the organization with a yearly and monthly breakdown and be accountable for achieving goals.
- Visits top accounts annually and travels to regional and national trade shows as needed.
- Collaborates with marketing to present a coordinated team to the industry and develop electronic assets for success to the online channel.
- Collaborates closely with customer service to provide extraordinary service, dealer support, and personalized attention.
- Oversees preseason sales program for spring and fall.
- Develops and oversees the Company’s custom program with a focus on nutrition partners, ski resorts, and race organizers.
- Effectively and knowledgeably presents product line both virtually and in person to new and existing accounts.
- Manage Elastic B2B platform in order to leverage its full potential to provide best ROI for both HydraPak and its customers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience in lieu of degree required
- Minimum three years in sales or business development experience with product and category required
- Knowledge of outdoor industry or similar industry desired
- Major account or independent sales representative management desired
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Highly experienced with Microsoft Excel; ability to generate and manipulate pivot tables on the fly. Comfortable with all other MS Office and GSuite products.
- Comfortable with various CRM (Zendesk) and ERP (Acumatica) systems.
- Prior experience managing Elastic B2B highly desired.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close, articulate all distinct aspects of company products and services.
- Proven ability to position products against competitors.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time, Exempt position. Pay range for this position is $75,000 - $80,000 annually with up to 10% bonus potential. HydraPak offers generous Paid Time Off, a full range of insurance benefits after a 90-day waiting period, and a 401(k) plan with company match after the first year.
APPLICATION AND STARTING DATE
Please submit your resume to HR@hydrapak.com. Start date is as soon as possible.
HydraPak LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.