If you want to get the longest life out of your reservoir and keep your water tasting fresh, you need to clean it regularly. Fortunately, it’s a simple process. And, we’ve outlined some tips and tricks to help you along the way.
Ideally, you should rinse and dry your reservoir after every use.
- Open your reservoir and wash it with mild soap and water.
- Rinse thoroughly until soap residue is gone.
- Dry your reservoir completely after cleaning by drying manually or hanging it upside down to drip dry.
If you use your reservoir on a frequent basis, a regular deep clean may be helpful. We designed our reservoirs to be reversible, so they can be turned inside out for scrubbing.
- Reverse the reservoir by reaching inside and grabbing the base of the drinking tube port and pulling it back through the top of the reservoir.
- Wash it with mild soap and water, and rinse clean.
- Alternatively, HydraPak reservoirs are dishwasher safe, so you can place the fully reversed reservoir on the top shelf of your dishwasher.
- After washing, leave your reservoir out to dry completely in the inside out position.
EXTRA STUBBORN STAINS & ODORS
If you regularly use nutrition mix or electrolytes in your reservoir, it’s important to thoroughly clean it right away to prevent unwanted residue and grime.
For a deeper clean, we recommend using our Bottle Bright Cleaning Tablets.
- Fill the reservoir with warm water, add a tablet and let it sit for 15 to 30 minutes.
- For containers 3L and larger, use two tablets, anything smaller than that, use one tablet.
CLEANING TUBES & BITE VALVES
Just like your reservoir, your tubes and bite valves need to be cleaned. We offer a Cleaning Kit to help.
- To clean your tube - disconnect the drink tube from the reservoir. Insert the HydraPak tube brush and scrub throughout using a small amount of soap and warm water, making sure to rinse after cleaning.
- To clean your bite valve, you will need to remove the silicone sheath and post from the on/off valve.
- Separate the post from the silicone sheath by pushing the post out from the sheath’s opening. Both the post and silicone sheath can be cleaned with a small brush and mild soap or let them soak in a bowl of warm water with Bottle Bright.
- Scrub the on/off valve component with mild soap in both the ‘on’ and ‘off’ positions, making sure to run water through it for a final rinse.
- After all the components have been cleaned and rinsed, set them out to dry. Once dry, you can reassemble your tube and bite valve so they are ready for use.
- To reassemble the valve, you will need to first insert the post into the on/off valve. Then push the silicone sheath down over the post, maneuvering it until the silicone sides align with the valve and post.
RECOMMENDED CLEANING PRODUCTS
Cleaning your reservoir is important, but it shouldn't be a hassle. We offer a selection of easy-to-use cleaning tools and products to help.
- Bottle Bright Cleaning Tablets - Biodegradable and chlorine free tablets dissolve in water and power through grime, stubborn stains and odors.
- HydraPak Cleaning Kit - Equipped with a tube brush and a Bottle Bright tablet to keep your hydration equipment super clean.