Work With Us
HydraPak is the leading manufacturer of hydration Reservoirs and SoftFlasks. Our headquarters is located in Oakland, CA between the rolling hills of East Bay and the San Francisco Bay. Our mission is to relentlessly create better hydration solutions for performance-driven people. Easy-to-use and highly functional, every HydraPak product showcases the technical manufacturing expertise that has distinguished the company for nearly two decades. By offering a better way to hydrate, and continually seeking to refine its offerings, HydraPak has pioneered new product categories and become a trusted partner for dozens of major OEMs. These renowned global brands integrate HydraPak’s proprietary designs and technologies into their hydration products for recreational, athletic and military use. Thanks for looking into employment opportunities with HydraPak!
Associate Engineer, OE Products - Oakland, CA
The Associate Engineer OE will play an important role in the company’s OE (Original Equipment) product development for brand partners. OE product development is responsible for collaborating with both sales and design, leading the engineering, documentation, commercialization, and on-time execution efforts on all OE products for all OE brand partners. HydraPak has many OE brand partners worldwide including Osprey, Salomon, Nathan, Patagonia, Black Diamond, and The North Face.
This position will be based in Oakland and report to the lead engineer in the Oakland HQ and will collaborate with the engineering teams in Hong Kong and Colorado. The Oakland Engineering team works closely with the sales, design, and operations teams to provide manufacturing and technical input to the product design cycle, as well as to understand all facets of the product to be able to successfully produce it. The ideal candidate will need to lean on their knowledge of materials, manufacturing, and testing to provide input on new designs and clearly communicate technical requirements to the design, sales, and production teams.
- OE project data management
- OE line list management
- Collaborating closely with sales to provide product customization for OE customers
- Submitting specifications, drawings, and other product data into the company’s Product Lifecycle Management system (Arena PLM).
- Compliance data management for OE products (product photos, material callouts, etc.)
- Inspection and documentation of OE product sign-off samples
- Development of measurement and quality standards for OE products
- Development and execution of product test routines for the commercialization of new products
- Communication with our production facilities in Asia to ensure high quality
- Product prototyping support for the design team
- Communicating engineering details with OPS, Design, and manufacturing
- Packaging solution research
- Reviewing and approving spec. drawings before release
- Compiling research data and development progress into lasting documentation
- Continuous improvement of our engineering process to be more accurate and efficient
- Assisting with OE product renderings (depending on design team capacity)
- 4-year degree - BS Engineering preferred
- Adobe Software experience, Illustrator preferred
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency with Windows based computers, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail
- Accurate, organized, and prompt work routines
- Experience or education in manufacturing or product development
- Passion for sustainability in the workplace and product/engineering practices
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time, 40 hour-a-week job. The work shift is from 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday with an hour off for lunch. After 90-day probationary period, you are eligible for company-subsidized medical insurance and vacation benefits. 401(k) with company match available with annual eligibility. Once it is determined to be safe for travel, the opportunity to visit and work with our manufacturing partners in China and Colorado may be available.
Application & Starting Date
Please email resume and cover letter with “Engineer/Your Name” written in the subject line to email@example.com. Start date is as soon as possible.
Customer Service and Logistics Specialist - Longmont, CO
The position is responsible for managing order flow, verifying accuracy of information submitted to the shipping team, processing orders and communicating with the sales staff regarding order status. The position also is responsible for reviewing and processing consumer warranty requests and responding to consumer inquiries. As a team member, Customer Service Specialists also assist with the picking and packing of orders when we get busy.
Main Essential Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Order entry, organizing and scheduling orders, releasing orders to warehouse, communicating with customers regarding shipping dates, prices, part numbers, order confirmations, etc.
- Process orders according to the guidelines and requirements established by our major customers, such as REI and Amazon.
- Use SPS Commerce to process EDI orders according to the customer’s requirements.
- Processing shipments via Fed Ex, UPS, DHL, etc. Preparing shipping documentation. i.e customs declarations, BOL’s, certificate of origin, NAFTA
- Pick, pack, and prepare orders for shipment, as needed. Able to lift boxes up to 45 lbs.
- Some light assembly work including adding stickers to products, bagging, kitting parts, assembling products
- Answer inbound phone calls, transfer calls to various staff members, handle requests for information from customers. Able to communicate clearly with customers.
- Prepare written responses to online enquiries
- This role requires extensive technical expertise regarding all Hydrapak and Polar Bottle products. An interest in the products and their use, as well as a good aptitude for recalling details is critical.
- Communicate with customers regarding warranty claims. Able to provide HydraPak’s high level of service while also maintaining appropriate operations costs.
- Maintain and continuously improve warranty stocking area. Organizational skills are essential.
- Process warranty claims within HydraPak’s 48-hour goal
- Take daily inventory cycle counts. Run reports and confirm inventory quantities
- Work with other departments to develop and implement efficient inventory management procedures
- Work with team members to reconcile inventory discrepancies
Education and Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills is critical. We are communicating constantly with customers, sales staff, and the shipping team.
- Good attention to detail. Different customers have different requirements, and getting their orders processed correctly is a must.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong computer skills is a must. Ability to prepare spreadsheets in Excel, and documents in Word.
- A desire to share in the work of the team, and to help where required
- Prior experience in Customer Service in the active outdoor industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of Sage ERP, SPS Commerce EDI, and/or ZenDesk CRM is a plus.
- Able to lift up to 45 pounds without restriction. Fork lift driving experience is a plus.
- Prior experience shipping product through FedEx, USPS, Local carriers, and scheduling freight shipments through larger carriers.
- Prior experience shipping to major retailers utilizing EDI software is preferred.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time, 40 hour-a-week job based in Longmont, CO. The works shift is from 8:00am-5pm, Monday through Friday. After 90-day probationary period, you are eligible for medical, vision, dental, and vacation benefits. A 401K plan is available after the first year.
Application and Starting Date
Please email resume and cover letter addressing Experience and Education requirements above with your name written in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Start date is as soon as possible.
To keep our employees as safe as possible, we have increased separation to the work stations, and provide masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer.